South Florida Community Development Coalition would like to thank our members and supporters in 2016 to advance opportunities to create affordable housing and economic opportunity in Miami-Dade County: We look forward to building on our 2016 activity to achieve great outcomes in 2017.
Capacity Building & Convening
- January 9, 2016: Tools You Can Use: Florida Affordable Housing Finance Programs Overview (Held in partnership with Florida Housing Coalition and Federal Home Loan Bank)
- January 19, 2016: Develop Over Lunch – Building Nonprofit Capacity (Held in partnership with Legal Services of Greater Miami)
- March 28, 2016: Public Health and Community Development Convening (Held in partnership with the Health Foundation of South Florida)
- April 18, 2016: Developing a High Performing Board
- May 3, 2016: Positioning Your Brand for Success: Doing More with Your Nonprofit Marketing Resources (Held in partnership with Florida Community Loan Fund)
- May 24 2016: Brownfields: Making a Difference in Your Communities (Held in partnership with the Florida Brownfields Association)
- June 29 2016: Rapid Rehousing (Held in partnership with Florida Housing Coalition)
- July 20 2016: Homeownership Roundtable
- October 3, 2016: Team Miami Convening Regarding Lessons Learned from Detroit (Held in Conjunction with Catalyst Miami and Team Miami)
- October 17, 2016: Effectively Planning for Affordable Housing & Develop Over Lunch Session (Held in Conjunction with American Planning Association – Gold Coast Chapter)
SFCDC received an appointed seat to the Miami-Dade Affordable Housing Trust Fund Board of Trustees in 2016 to represent Miami-Dade’s community development sector.
Working alongside People Acting for Community (Miami-PACT) and Miami Homes for All and many other organizations and members of the community, SFCDC advocated for the creation of the Affordable Housing Trust Fund Revolving Loan Fund.
To learn more about SFCDC’s work, please check out the Presentation from our December 7, 2016 Annual Meeting.