Mission & Vision
SFCDC’s mission is to expand the capacity of the community development field to develop affordable housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income individuals while promoting collaborative, inclusive policy and practice to invest in people, neighborhoods and social capital throughout Miami-Dade County.
SFCDC envisions a Miami-Dade County where:
- All low and moderate income people have access to the tools necessary to build wealth.
- All neighborhoods are livable, safe, and economically vibrant.
- Community development practitioners collaborate meaningfully to enhance outcomes.
- Local, state, and national investors employ a long-term strategy of significant investment in our community development efforts.
- The field of community development has effective leadership representing the public, non-profit, and for-profit sectors.