Mission & Vision
History of South Florida Community Development Coalition
After many years of Miami-Dade’s community development practitioners meeting informally around critical community development issues, South Florida Community Development Coalition (SFCDC) was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization in 2007. The mission of SFCDC is carried out through 1) capacity building and training 2) policy research and education and 3) facilitating the development of partnerships.
SFCDC’s mission is to expand the capacity of the community development field to develop affordable housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income individuals while promoting collaborative, inclusive policy and practice to invest in people, neighborhoods and social capital throughout Miami-Dade County.
SFCDC envisions a Miami-Dade County where:
- All low and moderate income people have access to the tools necessary to build wealth.
- All neighborhoods are livable, safe, and economically vibrant.
- Community development practitioners collaborate meaningfully to enhance outcomes.
- Local, state, and national investors employ a long-term strategy of significant investment in our community development efforts.
- The field of community development has effective leadership representing the public, non-profit, and for-profit sectors